[Opencompute-mezz-card] OCP Mezz NIC subgroup monthly call meeting minutes - 3/1/2017
jian at fb.com
Mon Mar 6 07:53:36 UTC 2017
copy server mailing list for the last time; please sign up: http://lists.opencompute.org/mailman/listinfo/opencompute-mezz-card to avoid missing communication on this topic
We did our 1st OCP Mezz subgroup call last Wednesday. Please find the meeting minutes below. I will find a way to archive it in wiki later.
Please join the OCP summit workgroup talk Thursday morning 9am if you are interested in OCP Mezz NIC: https://ocpussummit2017.sched.com/event/9SAa/ocp-mezzanine-nic-20-and-beyond
Looking forward to carry on this effort with you.
===OCP Mezz NIC subgroup monthly call meeting minutes - 3/1/2017===
- Quick intro of subgroup, goal, approach, and logistics
- Subgroup discussion
1. Dell-Rich suggested to collect and agree on the design boundaries; most attendees agreed this is a good start.
Please use the template below to provide design boundaries; add more rows if you see important factors may impact specification
Very typical and Important use cases
Stretch goals and use cases
# and Type of Ports
# of ASIC
Power envelope of ASIC
T_case of ASIC
ASIC mechanical dimension
System air flow direction
There are 2x options of communications:
* Preferred options: Using mailing list: opencompute-mezz-card at lists.opencompute.org<mailto:opencompute-mezz-card at lists.opencompute.org>
Please sign-up the mailing list before sending message to it
* Send email to jia.ning at ocproject.net; We may play the role to mask vendor specific info, and aggregate the design boundaries.
2. Mellanox-Yuval suggested to define some manageability interface in future spec - for example , optical monitoring
3. Intel-Bergi suggested to put down a timeline of Mezz 3.0 activities
Jia will propose one to subgroup
4. Thermal collaboration
John Fernandes (jfern at fb.com) is leading this effort; please reach out to him for coming collaboration
5. Dell-Rich asked about template of specification. Jia suggested to use Mezz2.0 as a start point of the scope. Mezz 3.0 will improve readability.
6. Please send other suggestion of spec 2.0 to subgroup mailing list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Opencompute-mezz-card