[Opencompute-networking] The Networking Rodeo
ocb at fb.com
Mon Dec 5 21:11:59 UTC 2016
I wanted to recognize and thank you for all you’ve done for OCP networking these past few years. New communities are wild and messy, and you’ve done so much to keep ours shepherded along. It’s hard to believe where we were 2.5 years ago, especially as we look at the active and vibrant community we have today. It has been a great pleasure to have been co-lead with you, so thanks again from all of us!
I’ll keep folks updated on the transition and finding a new co-lead for OCP networking. In the meantime, I’ll be reaching out to the various leads of the subprojects to ensure we’re keeping our momentum heading into the OCP summit and to ensure we’re following up tactically on the plugfests, contributions, and other activities. If you have any issues/questions, please feel free to reach out to me.
See y’all on the call next Monday. Thanks.
ocb at fb.com<mailto:ocb at fb.com>
From: opencompute-networking <opencompute-networking-bounces at lists.opencompute.org> on behalf of Carlos Cardenas <carlos at cumulusnetworks.com>
Date: Monday, December 5, 2016 at 9:48 AM
To: "opencompute-networking at lists.opencompute.org" <opencompute-networking at lists.opencompute.org>
Subject: [Opencompute-networking] The Networking Rodeo
In this rodeo, no one rides the bull longer than 8 seconds. It's my time for me to get off the bull and hang my hat.
Translation: I'm stepping down from my role as co-chair effective immediately.
Over the last 2.5 years, we've been through hell and half of Texas and together,
we have transformed the networking industry with the following OCP efforts:
* ONIE - over 90 platforms support ONIE across 16 vendors and 4 CPU architectures
* SAI - userspace abstraction supporting over 6 ASICs
* ONL - base OS with support for over 30 platforms
* OOM - a standard interface for interacting with pluggables
* An industry recognized L1 Interop program with UNH-IOL with over 80 passing configs
* 15 OCP switches with another 16 in various stages of the acceptance pipeline
* breaking out of data center and into edge and campus with edge routers, 10GT, POE, and wireless APs
It's been an honor and a privilege to be y'all's steward during this crucial time in our industry and we'll see each other on the flip side.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the opencompute-networking